Saturday, June 11, 2011

Party Nerd Edition - Baby Shower with Indian Flair

One of my best friends, Diana, is having a baby in July and I recently threw her a baby shower.  I'm seriously beside myself with excitement and have already declared myself an honorary aunt.  I wanted to make sure her shower was extra special since she's such a sweet friend.  Her husband is from Turkey, so initially I thought it would be fun to include some Turkish traditions.  When I told her that one of the main baby shower traditions is to fashion a onesie out of the father's underwear, she wasn't really interested...  Diana loves Indian food, so I decided to go with an Indian color scheme and feature a couple of Indian dishes instead!


I found some lovely pink sari fabric and paired it with an orange paper tablecloth.



Party City carries these lovely tissue paper puffs that you put together yourself.  They come in many colors, so I think I'll be using them for many future parties!


I made veg. samosas and chiken tikka masala with biryani rice, along with more traditional shower fare.


I used Maya Kaimal's Tikka Masala sauce, which is delicious!  All of her stuff is wonderful and can be found in the deli section at Whole Foods.


My favorite find was this precious elephant teapot from Cost Plus World Market.  It was perfect, so I bought two and can't wait to use them for having tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment