Monday, March 21, 2011

Current Kitchen Favorites: Making things bright

I am crazy for bright colors among my kitchen utensils and other items I might use while cooking.  Our kitchen, though newly designed by Ikea for the previous homeowner, is white and gray and somewhat drab.  (On a side note... Is it gray or grey?  One seems more English than the other.)

I've added pops of color here and there to brighten things up and give it more of a retro feel.  Here are some of my current favorite kitchen items.

Quite possibly my favorite kitchen item of all time.  Ever.
My red KitchenAid stand mixer.  Amazing!

These cherry kitchen towels from Crate and Barrel look straight out of the 50's.

My KitchenAid mixing bowls.
Not only does KitchenAid make fantastic, sturdy products, but they also carry really great colors in almost everything they make so you can get their appliances and tools in your favorite color!

Cholula Hot Sauce!
If you're looking for a bit more flavor that still brings the heat, look for the bottle with the pretty lady.

I always love hearing about the great items other people are using in their kitchen, so please feel free to share some of your current kitchen favorites!

1 comment:

  1. i'm all about color too. i went with fiesta wear as my "china"

    i'm learning it's nice to have a neutral base when decorating, at least with the big stuff and bring in pops of color with accessories. pretty much what you're already doing. everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete